From their website:
“The Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation was formed in 1955 and endowed following the death of Mr. Fisher in 2005. The Foundation’s core philosophy is grounded in the beliefs of its founders and the family’s shared Jewish values that life’s purpose is found in service to others, in creating opportunities for those who lack them, empowering individuals in self-sufficiency, providing life-saving resources for those without them, and supporting human community in all its forms from families to coalitions, cities to nations.
The mission of the Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation is to enrich humanity by strengthening and empowering children and families in need. While remaining flexible in our approach we give priority to: Providing for the needs of and ensuring the future of the Jewish people and to respecting our legacy and commitment to the Detroit community. Areas of critical importance include education, arts & culture and health with particular attention to HIV/AIDS.
During the course of the last six years the Foundation has placed in motion over $75 million on three continents.”
In January 2014, the foundation granted us $25,000 to support our expansion into the Brightmoor neighborhood on the West Side of Detroit.